Monday, November 21, 2011

Poetry

These are the first two poems I'm bothering to post in my blog. Whatever.

Stephen's Song
A net was thrown around me at my birth,
Government-issued, signed by a king
Even though I listen to only two men; the King is not Italian.
    I want to cut out to soar past these nets,
As a child skipping school to go frolic in the green hills.
As a child I discovered love and all its bitterness and
Frustration. Maybe I'll find a love more true
That makes me feel pure,
But I've stopped waiting for things to come to me,
I go towards life in all three of its forms:
The earth in its naturalistic beauty,
The fire with my determination,
The water with my love for it.
   I've made no mistakes; I take the lamp,
With others watching, I cut myself out.
I'm free, free to soar nearly as high as I wish.
Sum liber.

 The Ballad of Molly
Morning flowers never seem to make it to the afternoon,
Integrity shaken and beauty damaged,
I'm now a weed stretched in two directions,
Hearing the promises of my youth but seeing the lies of my reality.
I sleep for eternity, yes, because I have no reason to awake,
Yes, I've dug my own grave the shape of a bed, yes,
And I don't know who else will be buried with me,
Yes, but a grave never looked so inviting, yes, it came to me
With a smile, yes, and a question, yes, with two answers,
Yes, and what did I say?
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment